Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday, February 3rd

We're off again!  Ya know, sometimes it's a bummer to leave a campground because we like it, but then again, the anticipation of what our next campground will be like is always lurking out there!  And then, funny how once we get to a new place and we're cooking dinner, playing a game inside, or doing whatever, sometimes I have to think, "Now what place are we at?" or "What does it look like here?"  I will have more understanding for our customers when we get home and I ask them, "So, where did you drive from today?"  And they looked all puzzled trying to figure it out!!!!  I always thought that was crazy!  Now I get it!!  :)

So we are in Rockport, Texas, near Corpus Christi.  Jeff and the kids are hoping to do some ocean fishing with our friend, Skip, if the weather will cooperate!  Cold cold today.  We went for a drive and found quite the oyster operation.  We probably saw at least 50 big boats heading into the dock where they unload the oysters from the day in big gunnysacks.   

We are at a Texas State Park.  There is a fishing pier 100 yards away so if the weather doesn't work to fish in Skip's boat, they can use the pier.  I hope to do some extra reading.  Garrett has me reading another trilogy.  Divergent!  It's good!  Almost as good as The Hunger Games!  :) 
             **Sara


1 comment:

  1. Rachel has recommended the same to me. I have the first one reserved at the library.
    If you recall, she pointed me, also, to the Hunger Games . Love these teens who love reading!

    ReplyDelete