Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thursday, October 31st

Drove the rest of NY through part of the Adriondack Mountains in up-state NY.  Very pretty with lots of little lakes.  Crossed over Lake Champlain into Vermont.  The lake is 125 miles long between NY and VT, so we had to figure out where to cross so we didn't have to take a ferry.  Once in Vermont, we headed straight to the famous Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, where it all started.  Took a short tour and then had a sample.  Dang that stuff is good!  Lucky for us, we travel with a freezer on board!  Need I say more!?!?  :)  Stopped for the night in Concord, VT.  On to the East Coast tomorrow.  **Sara


10 comments:

  1. Yum! Did you have my fave, Cherries Garcia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a matter of fact we did. Did you know that's their #1 selling flavor? Yummmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. There were cows ALL over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara,
    I'm really enjoying your blog and photos. I'll have to share it with Kent and John. I'm envious of your adventure. What a wonderful way to teach the kids about the U.S.
    Jane Fetty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are enjoying it Jane. It truly is an adventure! And we are ALL learning a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been there, it is AWESOME!!! Keep Posting!

    ReplyDelete